Eligibility Criteria for USMLE Exam
USMLE Eligibility for Step 1
- According to Ana, a senior consultant at Myassignmenthelp and the criteria laid by the USMLE, the aspirants, who resides outside the Canada and USA needs to be enrolled or graduated of the medical school that is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools.
- The criteria for the eligibility need to meet the certification of the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) eligibility criteria. The aspirants, who are interested to join he residency program in the USA are assessed by the ECFMG. The aspirant must visit the IWA (Interactive Web Applications) of the ECFMG.
USMLE 2019 Eligibility Criteria: Step 2 (CK and CS)
- The aspirant must be enrolled or they must have graduated the medical school from the international country excluding Canada and the USA.
- The aspirant must meet the certification eligibility criteria of ECFMG.
- The medical school must be listed in the Medical School’s World Directory.
- The aspirant must meet the eligibility requirements of USMLE during the application.
USMLE 2019 Step 3 Eligibility
- The aspirants must passed the USMLE Step 1, Step 2 CK and Step 2 CS
- The aspirant must possess the SO or the MD from AOA or LCME Accredited US or the Canadian medical school in the World Directory of Medical Schools.
- The DO and the MD equivalent degree must be earned by thee medical school that is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools.
Wait!!! In next part you find the colleges that requires USMLE score
Test Centers for USMLE Examination
The test centers of USMLE are located across in every states of the US. The Step 2 CS exam can be taken in at 5 Clinical Skills Evaluation Centers (CSEC) that are located in the United States at:
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Chicago, Illinois
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Houston, Texas
- Los Angeles, California
Fees for USMLE
- The fee for the USMLE Step 1 is $910 with the delivery surcharge for the international test.
- The fee for the USMLE Step 2 CK is $910 with the delivery of the surcharge for the international test.
- The fee for the USMLE Step 2 CS is $1,565.
Top Schools for USMLE
Below mentioned are top 10 ranked medical schools in the USA which prepare you for taking the United States Medical Licensing Examination:
- Harvard University, Boston, MA
- University of California, San Francisco, SA
- Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
- Columbia University, New York, NY
- University of Pennsylvania, PA
- Yale University, New Haven, CT
- University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Stanford University, Stanford, CA
- Duke University, Durham, NC
- Washington University, St. Louis, MO
The USMLE results are, in fact, based on two scales, excluding the CS Step 2 which is accounted for as Fail / Pass. The lowest score needed for passing on the two digit scale is always 75. However, the lowest current passing scores needed on the three-digit scale are as set out below:
- Step 1 – 192
- CK Step 2 – 209
- Step 3 – 196
Requesting for your USMLE Scores Transcript
You should contact the NBME, ECFMG or the FSMB for getting the exam transcript or if you wish for sending it to the third party. The entity you want to contact will depend on the steps you have taken and exactly where you want to send your transcript.