The primary aim for choosing clear braces is to achieve a barely noticeable treatment. However, without proper care for these braces, theobjective can be defeated since they stain easily. Out of all the parts of the braces, the ligatures (elastic wires) are more prone to staining. The aim of using clear coloured ligatures with ceramic braces is to achieve a high level of discretion thought they are more prone to colour degradation.
There are self-litigating options that do not require external wires. Contact your orthodontist about the self-litigating braces if you are yet to get your braces.
The following six steps will help you care properly for your ceramic braces:
1. Brush your teeth immediately after eating or drinking
You may have been used to the two to three times a day brushing, but wearing ceramic braces demands that you brush your teeth after every meal to prevent the braces from staining. This habit will prevent thebuild-up of food debris which willlead to plaques and tooth decay during the orthodontic treatment.
2. Floss and Rinse After
To keep your teeth and ceramic braces in top condition, ensure you floss and rinse after every meal and drink. It is also advisable with snacks. In the morning and at night, clean the hard to reach nooks and crannies of your mouth with mouthwash and special toothbrush. Floss after that.Many orthodontics advice you use water picks to help you get rid of all the plaques and food debris that built up during the day.
3. Quit Smoking
With or without braces, smoking is terrible. You have to stop it so that they do not stain your ceramic braces. Aside from staining your ligatures, it can also cause your teeth to have an ill-looking yellow sheen. These stains may get too deep up tothe point that removing them becomes more difficult. If you are a chain smoker and you want to use ceramic braces, try going cold turkey before putting them on.
4. Find out the Type of Food to Avoid
Eating foods with red colour are culprits that will easily stain your ligatures; avoid them throughout the treatment. It would be best if you also stayed away from sodas, mustards, red wine and its likes.
5. Avoid Whitening Toothpaste
It may be tempting to want to have spotless white teeth alongside a straight tooth, but you have to finish your treatment with the braces first. Since this toothpaste will not be able toreach the back of the ceramic braces and touch every part of your teeth, it may leave spots when you take them off. These spots will give your teeth different shades.
If you must whiten your teeth with the orthodontic treatment, talk to your dentist when you are done with the braces. He will prescribe the best teeth whitening method for you.
6. Keep up with your Orthodontic Appointment
You will have better oral health if you do not miss your appointment with the dentist. These appointments are all included in the clear braces cost. The appearance of your teeth will also look more splendid if you appear regularly before the orthodontist. Here, he or she will get to do all the necessary adjustments and replacements that will give you a beautiful smile during and at the end of the treatment.
You will find the following general tips for caring for your braces helpful:
- How to ease braces related pain: patients that wear braces commonly complain about feeling sore the first few days of wearing and tightening the ligatures. There is a special wax that can help protect the inner part of your mouth; ask your dentist for it. Pain relievers like Orajel are also great, if the pains worsen, give your dentist an emergency call.
- Stay prepared: pack your bags before leaving the house so that you will be able to brush and floss after every meal. When you are alwaysready, you will find the task of keeping up to your oral hygiene simple. No matter what you carry, ensure that there is a toothbrush, toothpaste, wax and floss inside your bag.
- What to do when your braces are damaged:damage can happen to the wire from the wear and tear of your typical day. However, this is not the worst-case scenario, so there is no need to rush up for an emergency appointment. Just apply some wax on the sharp edges of the broken wires and then book an appointment to see the dentist. Try not to pull or remove the wire. It will cause more harm.
Do You Advise Me To Wear A Mouthguard?
Wearing a mouthguard is essential during athletic activity. It helps in preventing injuries during sports. Any injury to your mouth with braces on will increase the damage and make your treatment to delay.
Mouthguards are of three types, but the custom-fitted one is more expensive. However, it fits perfectly and provides better protection. You can get the boil and bite version at a good drug store or retail shop for sporting goods. The lowest in the list are pre-moulded which may not fit well into your mouth. They offer substandard protection.
Talk to your dentist about all you need to know about LondonInvisalign braces to have a smooth treatment. He will tell you the best practices to employ and have a mouth healthy and safe throughout the treatment. Like every facet of life, preparing before starting your journey with braces can contribute immensely to a positive result at the end.